Rules and Procedures Test
A. Respect all people and property.
B. Follow first line of direction.
C. Speak positively and encourage.
D. Use appropriate language.
E. Take responsibility for your actions
Next to each action, write down the letter or letters of the rules violated.
Example: John tells Shaniqua that she should sit on his lap during class. Rules Violated: A, C, D
1. Giving someone a high five. ______
2. Hugging your friend. ______
3. Telling your friend about the wild party you went to last weekend. ______
4. Laughing at a student’s accent. ______
5. Telling the teacher “I’m about to!” and then not doing anything. ______
6. Hiding a student’s backpack when he/she isn’t looking. ______
7. Saying a curse word because you don’t like the grade you got on the test. ______
8. Putting your head down on the table when you’re supposed to be working. ______
9. Laughing or making a derogatory noise when a student gets a wrong answer. ______
10. Gossiping. ______
11. Texting during class time. ______
12. Refusing to give you phone to the teacher when he catches you with it out. ______
13. Talking while the teacher is teaching. ______
Procedures: How would you handle these situations according to the procedures of the classroom?
1. You need to use Mr. Horlacher’s pencil sharpener, but he’s talking to another student at the moment. What do you do?
2. You walk into Mr. Horlacher’s room at the beginning of class – what are you supposed to do at the beginning of class?
3. You sneak a look at your cell phone to see if you got the text you were expecting, but Mr. Horlacher catches you and asks to hold the cell phone in his pocket until the end of class. What do you do?
4. The principal confuses you with another student and stops you in the hall to yell at you for something you didn’t do. You are late to class. How do you walk into the classroom when you’re late?
5. Put a proper paper heading for an assignment called “Election Essay.”
6. You sneak a Jolly Rancher candy into your mouth during class. What do you do with the empty wrapper?
7. You walk into class and realize that you forgot to take your hoody off. What do you do?
8. You had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and you want Mr. Horlacher to give you your makeup work. What is the procedure for getting your makeup work?
9. You have finished your classwork early and feel like taking a nap. What do you do?
10. You are about to enter the classroom, but you realize that you are talking loudly and making a lot of noise. What should you do before entering the classroom?
11. Mr. Horlacher is talking too much and you wish that you could make laser beams shoot out of your eyes to vaporize him. Is that really nice?